The Advanced Search function is a great tool to narrow or focus your searching of our records; however, it is limited in scope while the website is still under construction. Information entered for current records is only on a broad level. This means the only useful Advanced Search Categories right now are Title, Collection, Creator, Date, Source, and Object Name.
- Title – The name of each individual record.
e.g. "151st Reunion," "1927 Anniversary Roster"
- Creator – The entity associated with creating or owning the record.
e.g. "Lawrence Lodge No. 6," "Washington Lodge No. 5," "Ancient Toltec Rite," "Order of the Eastern Star of Kansas"
- Object Name – The name of the physical item.
e.g. "Proceedings," "Aprons," "Reports," "Sword"
- Collection – The broad level category each record belongs to.
e.g. "Grand Lodge of Kansas," "Freemasonry, Kansas," "York Rite, New York"
- Source – The person or entity that donated that particular record to the Kansas Masonic Library and Museum.
e.g. "Albert K. Wilson," "Past Grand Master"